Minimum Qualifications Must be reachable on current Office Assistant 2 Stores/Mail, SG-09 list or currently hold the title Office Assistant 2 Stores/Mail, SG-09 or a title from which transfer is appropriate.
• New York State Driver’s License required.
• Ability to drive a forklift.
Duties Description Receive, store and distribute goods, materials, equipment and records.
• Cross train in the mailroom
• Load, unload and physically handle equipment, furniture, supplies, etc. Requires the operation of forklifts and pallet jack, warehouse equipment, vans and trucks.
• Rotate stock in storage areas as required.
• Maintain computerized records or logs of items shipped, delivered or received.
• Prepare various reports related to material received and distributed.
• Provide support and backup for the mailroom.
• Communicate with agency staff, users, vendors, manufacturers, shippers and other interested parties to resolve discrepancies, and problems relevant to the ordering, receipt, shipping and delivery of goods, materials, supplies, equipment, etc. (i.e., damaged goods, incomplete orders, and incorrect shipments).
• Verify that orders received conform to purchase requisitions.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.