Albany Claims Bureau
Duties Description • Identify cases subject to OAG’s Medicare Compliance
• Gather pedigree data and case party data in all personal injuries (including emotional) cases in which a payment is being made pursuant to COC-20a or POL-17 and conduct search in Medicare systems to determine Medicare eligibility of appropriate parties.
• Enter all pertinent pedigree and case party data into NYMatters for OAG’s Medicare Query and Claim submissions to the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
• Gather information in response to multiple yearly audits for client agencies and prepare response to A&O.
• Analyze and coordinate responses to incoming FOIL requests directed (nominally) to the Albany Claims Bureau.
• Analyze FOIL requests properly directed to the Litigation Bureau and identify, gather, and review responsive documents.
• Identify issues in NYMatters regarding data, document entry and provide proposed solutions.
• Manage Albany Claims and Albany Litigation’s compliance with SARA and the OAG Records Retention policy by administering the coding, movement, archiving, retention and destruction of litigation records.
• Administer HotDocs, its network interface and consistency.
• Administer all IT dependent services, involving the H drive and all applications, including account creation and deletion.
• Manage the administration of the Fleet program – a Statewide program handled by Albany Claims.
• Create new loss file for every motor vehicle accident statewide involving a NYS employee.
• Maintenance and update of Fleet case records.
• Identify cases where there is also pending court litigation and ensure coordination with Fleet.
• Ensure all appropriate signatures are gathered for all Investigative Outcome Reports and Payment Authorization Requests.
• Liaison to Cool Risk, OGS-Fleet Management and OAG staff for all Fleet cases.
• Identify procedural issues in administrative process and propose solutions.
• Assist with the integration of Fleet cases into NYMatters.
• Gather data and prepare an Affidavit of No Service requested by AAGs to support that state’s defense in litigated cases.
• Conduct search of electronic case management system and examination of other OAG resources to ascertain whether service was effectuated upon the OAG.
• Scrutinize and summarize findings of mismatched case records; thereafter ensuring records are appropriately updated and communicate findings to supervisor and appropriate OAG staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.