Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Contract Management Specialist 3
OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Contract Management Specialist 3 will direct the staff of the statewide OPWDD Contract Hub and function as a Business Officer overseeing multiple departments. Extensive knowledge and experience are required in developing scopes of work, soliciting bids, working with business offices and state operations administrators on contract terms, consulting with Counsel's Office, and subsequently getting contracts approved by the Attorney General’s Office and OSC.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include but are not limited to:
o Develop and assist with the development and/or negotiation of contracts, RFPs, IFBs Sole/Single
Source Procurements and other related financial documents
o Review proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness and adherence to State policy
o Prepare evaluation plan in accordance with NYS Law, rules, and regulations
o Review procurement records to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, and regulations are adhered to and that
o Review budget modifications and contract amendments to determine the impact on the contract and to ensure
Continued compliance with applicable regulations
o Follow up on proposed contracts throughout the approval process with internal reviewers and external approval
Agencies such as the Attorney General’s Office and the Office of the State Comptroller
o Provide guidance, technical assistance, and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the
contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met
The duties include but are not limited to: (continued)
o Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of office policies and procedures to monitor and
control the contract process and achieve efficiency.
o Oversees Purchasing, Accounts Payable, P-card Reconciliation, Auditing, Banking, and Transportation.
o Prepare reports or draft reports outlining major changes for resolution
o Supervise multiple staff
Additional Comments Travel will be involved in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume
to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer
eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext.3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER