Minimum Qualifications This will be an exempt appointment. The incumbent will be designated as a peace officer and must be a United States citizen, reside in New York State and maintain New York State residency during employment, as well as meet all other requirements related to peace officer status. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of fifteen years of experience in law enforcement leading to criminal prosecution with at least seven years of senior level management experience and six years of extensive hands-on experience in the conduct and/or direction of complex no-fault insurance fraud investigations and related expert knowledge of no-fault insurance laws and regulations. Experience should also include:
• Proficient management of undercover operations and utilization of electronic surveillance equipment, skill in providing expert testimony and successful working relationships with various District Attorney’s offices;
• Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives and an ability to evaluate policies for effectiveness;
• The evaluation of policies for effectiveness, the design and promotion of data collection and creation and/or modification of policies based upon data analysis;
• The establishment of ongoing staff training and development programs for law enforcement or investigative operations.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking candidates to fill the position of Director, Financial Services Fraud Bureau. Under the general direction of the Superintendent and Executive Deputy Superintendent for Financial Frauds & Consumer Protection, the Director will perform a variety of duties which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Planning and overseeing all operations of the Bureau, including the planning, organization and implementation of procedures and practices followed by all Frauds Investigators;
• Establishing policies and regulations;
• Devising and approving standards and methods for the selection of cases, and reviewing and revising standards as conditions warrant;
• Meeting with industry officials and others to establish confidential agreements for receipt of sensitive information on suspected insurance fraud;
• Overseeing regulatory, administrative and personnel activities for the bureau;
• Meeting with prosecutorial officials on the status of cases referred for prosecution; and
• Reviewing analyzing and commenting on changes in rules, laws and regulations related to fraud.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 30, 2021 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box # (Box FRAUD-07000) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.