Minimum Qualifications This will be an exempt appointment. The incumbent will be designated as a peace officer and must be a United States citizen, reside in New York State and maintain New York State residency during employment, as well as meet all other requirements related to peace officer status. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of thirteen years of experience in law enforcement leading to criminal prosecution with five years of senior level management experience, as well as five years of extensive hands-on experience with the conduct and/or direction of complex no-fault insurance fraud investigations and expert knowledge of no-fault insurance laws and regulations. Possession of current FBI top-secret clearance, as demanded for participation on the FBI Health Care Fraud Task Force, is also required. Experience should also include:
• Proficient management of undercover operations and utilization of electronic surveillance equipment, skill in providing expert testimony and successful working relationships with various District Attorney’s offices;
• Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to plan and execute strategic initiatives;
• The evaluation of policies for effectiveness, the design and promotion of data collection and creation and/or modification of policies based upon data analysis; and
• The establishment of ongoing staff training and development programs for law enforcement or investigative operations.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant Director, Financial Services Fraud Bureau. Under the supervision of the Director, Financial Services Frauds Bureau, the Assistant Director will perform a variety of duties which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assisting the Director in formulating and implementing policies and regulations;
• Directing investigative priorities of the Frauds Bureau, including oversight of the planning and coordination of all investigations;
• Acting as liaison with federal, state and municipal law enforcement agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the New York State and New York City Police Departments; and participating in meetings of the FBI Health Care Fraud Task Force;
• Working closely with other law enforcement agencies and prosecutors and conducting confidential and high-profile investigations of a highly sensitive nature; and
• Acting as liaison with members of the financial industry.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 30, 2021 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box # (Box FRAUD-07002) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.