Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidate must have one year or permanent service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 12 or above.
Duties Description · Vendor File Validation and Analysis
· Completing assigned tasks including change requests, help desk tickets, executive correspondence, phone calls, emails, etc. timely and accurately.
· Ensuring only legitimate changes are made to a vendor’s information, which includes:
· Utilizing critical thinking skills to identify risks and requests which may not be legitimate and communicating potential concerns immediately to supervisors.
· Applying professional judgment in decision making when performing research to independently validate requests and identify appropriate vendor contacts.
· Using professional skepticism when conducting phone interviews to validate the legitimacy of the request and the requestor.
· Processing approved vendor file changes timely and accurately using the Statewide Financial System.
· Participating in complex problem-solving discussions with the team to identify and implement business process improvements; including identifying risks to better evaluate requests to change vendor file information.
· Using and refining data analytic tools to support day-to-day operations.
· Timely and accurately completing additional daily tasks including:
· Adding and updating specific types of vendors to the vendor file (e.g., foreign vendors, liens, land claims and payroll vendors).
· Provide Outreach/Training and Customer Support
· Communicating with agencies, vendors and OSC staff to encourage ePayment participation.
· Reviewing and returning vouchers to ensure vendors are being paid through direct deposit, where required.
· Providing support to various customers by performing a wide variety of program activities and tasks to support their requests.
· Providing technical assistance to vendors and agencies in portal functionality and addressing email and help desk inquiries related to concerns/questions from vendors and agencies.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
· Communication – Candidate must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to other state agency representatives, vendors and OSC personnel.
· Leadership – Candidate must demonstrate the ability to overcome obstacles, willingly take on challenges and effect change, take responsibility for assigned tasks, demonstrate ability for problem solving, and understand own role/responsibility within the team.
· Self-Development – Candidate must demonstrate self-reliance, adaptability, versatility and ability to continually improve current skills and set appropriate goals.
· Technology – Candidate must be able to use technology effectively to accomplish tasks. Experience/familiarity with SFS is a plus.
· Work Ethic – Candidate must embrace a work ethic where enthusiasm, motivation and professionalism are fundamental. The employee must maintain a positive attitude and interest in duties, consistently apply effort, be receptive to new work assignments and take the initiative to keep assignments moving forward.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 26, 2021. Please reference Item # 01453(2)-GOER-DG when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.