Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employees, with one year of permanent service in a G-21 title eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law, or currently in an G-23 position eligible for transfer.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Project Manager 2, the Project Manager 1 will work on multiple top priority projects for the Project Management Office in the Department of Motor Vehicles. The functions at the Project Manager 1 level will include, but not be limited to tasks and responsibilities such as:
· Manage agency top priority projects of a medium to large scope and possibly assist other project managers with larger projects.
· Support the agency’s contract staff in successful procurements of vendor services or assist in implementing contractual agreements with other governmental or private agencies.
· Work with cross functional teams to develop detailed scope statements and project requirements for complex projects.
· Develop and manage project schedules to coordinate project activities across the agency and to report progress.
· Compile detailed project reports and communication plans to ensure that all stakeholders from executives to front line staff, as well as the public, are informed as needed.
· Identify and evaluate resource alternatives and potential solutions in a way that balances agency need with fiscal and regulatory limitations.
· Identify risks and the impact of risk on the projects they are responsible for, as well as development of possible mitigation plans.
· Design and develop project metrics to manage costs, scope, schedule and quality and overall project effectiveness.
· Authorize changes to project schedules, and communicate these to the appropriate stakeholders once approved.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Project Management Office
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment, including your permanent title and current assignment, along with a clear and concise resume to the email address above. Candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.