Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must currently be on the Information Technology Specialist 2 eligible list OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 16 or higher.
Duties Description • Manage software and operating system patches and upgrades for mobile devices, Windows OS and Mac OS workstations.
• Administer and maintain Citrix environment.
• Manage networked printer servers, queues, and drivers for supported devices.
• Create, deploy, and monitor software packages to customer workstations using SCCM.
• Develop detailed installation instructions for all software packages.
• Build, test, and deploy well-structured automated processes to maintain, automate and optimize current and future tasks, using a combination of scripting and other automation tools.
• Develop and document automated processes to deploy operating system images.
• Create device and user-based collections within SCCM.
• Develop and maintain reports and queries.
• Install and configure approved desktop software to employee devices utilizing approved tools while adhering to enterprise standards and policies.
• Troubleshoot desktop related technical issues, including, but not limited to, software installation and configurations, group policies, Active Directory group permissions, basic desktop networking configurations, workstation peripherals, and computer hardware related issues individually or collaboratively with other agency teams.
• Communicate to direct supervisor and management on the status of work via status reports, emails, and phone calls.
• Manage assigned work.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated coursework with Operating Systems (2 to 4 credit hours).
• Demonstrated coursework with System Analysis and Design (2 to 4 credit hours).
• Demonstrated coursework with Technical Writing (2 to 4 credit hours).
• Demonstrated experience in Configuration Management Software (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Demonstrated experience in Personal Computer Installation, Diagnosis and Repair (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Demonstrated experience in printer management.
• Demonstrated experience in Office 365.
• Demonstrated experience in MS Outlook.
• Demonstrated experience in Citrix.
• Demonstrated experience in using and supporting Microsoft Active Directory.
• Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting desktop related technical issues, including, but not limited to, software installation and configurations, MS Group Policies, MS Active Directory group permissions, basic desktop networking configurations, workstation peripherals, and computer hardware related issues.
• Demonstrated experience in Customer Service.
• Demonstrated experience in strong verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to effectively communicate with both technical staff and customers.
• Demonstrated experience in strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2021. Please reference Item #07142 – GOER-DG when responding. When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.