500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications In title Stores & Mail Operations Supervisor, SG-12; or
Eligible for a 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Stores & Mail Operations Supervisor by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades of grade 12)
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages day-to-day operations of the DDSO central mail and copy center; supervises staff assigned.
• Receives, sorts, posts and distributes courier and U.S. mail on a daily basis. Sends packages out via UPS when necessary. Schedules/completes mail delivery to campus based offices. Maintains postage meter – arranges for necessary maintenance services, replenishes/orders postage, completes daily postage readings.
• Provides photocopying services as requested including minor maintenance and cleaning of photocopier and reports major problems to repair service. Records meter readings monthly and forwards to copier company and Business Office. Orders copier paper and miscellaneous supplies to ensure a sufficient inventory is available; receives and properly stores all supplies.
• Orders and distributes all standardized forms and photocopying supplies and maintains inventory of such items. Ensures that outdated forms are discarded and that storage shelves are organized and properly labeled. Fills orders for community sites and arranges for courier delivery.
• Assists in maintaining physical inventory of equipment and processes purchase requests for repair or work requests, when appropriate. Assists in identification of surplus furniture and equipment. Assists in the Storeroom when necessary including filling orders, unloading supplies or equipment; completes receiving reports.
• Maintains records on usage of copier, postage meter, supplies, and forms by various departments/offices and reports such information to the Business Office for chargebacks/journal voucher preparation.
• Receipt and distribution of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as needed on a monthly basis.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.