Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 09/17/21
AgencyCivil Service, Department of
TitleHuman Resources Specialist 4 Benefits
Occupational CategoryAdministrative or General Management
Bargaining UnitM/C - Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary RangeFrom $91365 to $115490 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 0%
Hours Per Week 37.5
From 9 AM
To 5 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? Yes
Street Address Swan Street, Core 1
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the Human Resources Specialist 4 Benefits eligible list (Department of Civil Service employees only) or eligible for a Section 52.6 transfer.
Duties Description The Human Resources Specialist 4 Benefits will be assigned to the Program Administration Unit of the Employee Benefits Division and will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the implementation of new benefit programs;
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the New York State Health Insurance Program;
• Identifying areas of deficiency and taking appropriate action to seek satisfactory resolution of problems;
• Reviewing daily customer service reports and appropriately allocating staff resources based on such reports; and
• Ensuring collectively bargained benefits are properly communicated to enrollees and employers.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DCS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.