Minimum Qualifications Eligibility for appointment:
a) Employees who are currently serving in the same title are eligible for reassignment without change in title or status;
b) Candidates reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title and location;
c) Employees eligible for transfer.
Duties Description The incumbent will be required to:
• Manage, supervise, mentor, and evaluate subordinate staff within the Collections Resolution Center;
• Assist the Tax Compliance Manager 1 and perform administrative functions and duties as needed;
• Review complex matters referred by subordinate staff to determine if the appropriate recommendation was made within prescribed DTF and Division policies and procedures, New York State and Federal laws, and Civil Practice Laws and Rules (CPLR);
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with Department staff, taxpayers and/or their representatives, tax practitioners and other external contacts;
• Answer and resolve Executive Correspondence or Director (staff) referrals via the telephone or in writing; compose resolution memorandum and letters for signature of Executive staff;
• Display a calm, courteous, and professional manner during difficult and stressful interactions with employees, taxpayers and/or their representatives;
• Monitor phone calls using an audio headset;
• Ensure staff adherence to the secrecy provisions of the Tax Law and provide for the safeguarding of information subject to secrecy requirements;
• Manipulate an alphanumeric keyboard and use a PC to enter data, produce reports, access files and databases; and
• Supervise, enforce and adhere to the Department rules and policies including Code of Conduct, ethical practices, time and attendance rules and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.