Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law or reachable on the Payroll Specialist 1 eligible list.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidate must have one year or permanent service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 9 or above.
Duties Description · Provide payroll information to State agencies and vendors.
· Respond to NYS agencies and vendors with retirement related information via telephone and email.
· Research and analyze retirement and savings plan records.
· Coordinate responses to letters, email and telephone calls from vendors, employees and agencies.
· Reviews payroll transactions for accuracy.
· Analyze data, resolve problems and escalate complex problems to next level supervisor.
· Provide assistance to other Deductions staff and customers and recommend corrective action for audit problems.
· Assist with audits and business documentation.
· Run queries and distribute query results.
· Perform post audit review of transactions.
· Document business processes as they apply to assigned activities.
Additional Comments · Excellent analytical and organization skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Detail orientated and produces an accurate and timely work product.
· Works well independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to appropriately respond to written, verbal and email inquiries from NYS employees, NYS agencies and vendors
· Ability to assess multiple competing priorities.
· Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions to auditing problems.
· Ability to analyze and review query results.
· Ability to locate, research, communicate and document any discrepancies or unusual circumstances.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 27, 20201. Please reference Item #02031-GOER-DG when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.