Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: One year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as a Security Services Assistant 2.
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS: Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
Note: The appointed candidate must have a valid Security Guard License.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Senior Security Officer, Grade 11 will directly supervise security operations at Department of Labor’s 199 Church Street, Manhattan location. They will indirectly supervise security operations at Department of Labor’s 250 Schermerhorn St., Brooklyn location and will be expected to travel between these two locations occasionally. The duties may include:
• Scheduling staff assignments to maintain coverage of facilities during all hours when a security presence is necessary.
• Providing in-service and on-the-job training for security personnel in security techniques.
• Visiting local offices to inspect the conduct and performance of security staff and reviews staff log books and incident reports.
• Taking corrective actions as necessary in cases of subordinate employee misconduct, unsafe conditions, and security risks at facilities.
• Participating in local safety and health meetings.
• Reviewing and resolving unusual incident reports and advising supervisors or other security managers of resolutions to issues.
• Maintaining knowledge of applicable federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations governing the security operation.
• Testifying in court regarding security incidents involving department staff, clients and property.
• May perform all duties of Security Officer. Performs the full range of staff supervisory responsibilities such as conducting performance reviews and completing probationary reports
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
State Office Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID # 91385 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.