W. A. Harriman State Office Building Campus, Bldg. 5
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Business Systems Analyst 2, G-23, Civil Service eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive service as a Business Systems Analyst 2, G-23. Also open to NYS employees at or above G-21 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels. In order to qualify for Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in an administrative title as defined by Section 52.6. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include Project Manager 1, G-23; Associate Administrative Analyst, G-23; and Information Technology Specialist 3, G-23.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Background or ability to understand end to end business processes from a functional perspective.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to effectively conduct stakeholder interviews and actively participate in meetings
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interest and ability to learn independently and to teach others
• Ability to understand end to end business processes from a functional perspective.
• Experience in Business Analysis
• Experience using any SFS module such as Procurement Contracts, Purchasing or eProcurement
• Experience using PeopleSoft Financials
• Knowledge of NYS Procurement Rules and Guidelines
• Procurement and/or Payables experience
• Knowledge of OSC’s Guide to Financial Operations (GFO)
• Experience with New York State financial operations
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Experience writing test scenarios and test scripts
• Experience with SQL (Structured Query Language)
Duties Description The incumbent will be a member of the Solution Services Division in the Procure to Pay Application Bureau.
The Solution Services Division at SFS is responsible for developing solutions to application and business process problems where the system, as designed, does not meet the business needs of our customers. This team supports the design and development of solutions requiring either new functionality or changes to the current application.
The Procure to Pay Team works on a variety of projects with varying degrees of complexity bringing forth operational efficiencies for the State’s procure to payment areas.
The incumbent will become a subject matter expert in his/her assigned area and will participate in the business transformation and system modification and development efforts of the SFS related to one or more modules in SFS. The incumbent will facilitate the user’s ability to transition to new business processes; strong oral and written communication skills are essential to be successful in this position.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation related to business requirements and system/business processes.
Duties will include;
• eliciting requirements
• participating in the development of functional solutions including writing functional specifications
• actively collaborating with application development teams during design and build of custom solutions
• preparing configuration changes
• assist in developing test scripts/scenarios, execute testing, and analyze results
• testing software upgrades including patches and enhancements from the software provider
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with SFS, you may be required to be fingerprinted.
SFS is the organization that manages the enterprise financial system that supports the business of New York State government. SFS is an independent entity jointly governed by the Office of the State Comptroller and the Division of the Budget.
As one of the largest public sector enterprise financial systems in the United States, SFS processes an average of 22,000 voucher transactions daily and about $150 billion in payments per year using Oracle PeopleSoft technology. SFS staff provide extensive operational support to over 70 NYS agencies and authorities. SFS continues to work on major initiatives to expand the use of system functionality and works collaboratively with agencies and the NYS Office of Information Technology Services clusters that support IT systems across the State.
Currently, we are looking for motivated, highly qualified professionals who can lead and support ongoing transformational statewide information technology projects. Focused on best practices, continuous improvement, and enabling efficient government operations, SFS team members include programmers, project managers, PeopleSoft experts, database and security administrators, business analysts, and customer service and change management professionals. Located in Albany, NY, SFS is a fast-paced, dynamic place to work, where individuals have the opportunity to support the transformation of NYS government’s financial business processes. SFS is committed to diversity and workforce development, providing its employees with professional growth through training opportunities and knowledge sharing.
To learn more about SFS, visit our website at www.sfs.ny.gov.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume by e-mail, fax, or post office mail. Please include your current Civil Service title and grade and be sure to indicate that you are applying for the position of Business Systems Analyst 2, Ref. #21-13.