W. A. Harriman State Office Building Campus, Bldg. 5
Minimum Qualifications This position is open to candidates who are reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 1, G-14, Civil Service eligible list OR have one year of permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 1, G-14. This position is also open to NYS employees deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second, consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grades. In order to qualify for a Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying administrative title such as Business Management Assistant, G-14, Internal Auditor, G-14, or Program Research Specialist 1, G-14.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
• Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision and able to work well with stakeholders and project staff.
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
• Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams.
Duties Description The Batch Bureau, part of the SFS Operations Division, is responsible for management and oversight of automated batch processing, code migrations, and interfaces for the Statewide Financial System. As a member of the Batch Bureau, the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring the SFS batch schedule, performing manual workarounds in the system in response to processing failures and troubleshooting user issues. Additional duties include migrating system code, interface support, and providing extended coverage during business calendar events at SFS.
• Batch schedule maintenance and support, including on-call
• Code migrations to resolve system issues and introduce new functionality
• Coordinate interface maintenance with service providers and external interface owners to ensure accurate and timely Statewide Financial System operation
• Incident management and response
• Ad hoc project responsibilities
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with SFS, you may be required to be fingerprinted.
SFS is the organization that manages the enterprise financial system that supports the business of New York State government. SFS is an independent entity jointly governed by the Office of the State Comptroller and the Division of the Budget.
As one of the largest public sector enterprise financial systems in the United States, SFS processes an average of 22,000 voucher transactions daily and about $150 billion in payments per year using Oracle PeopleSoft technology. SFS staff provide extensive operational support to over 70 NYS agencies and authorities. SFS continues to work on major initiatives to expand the use of system functionality and works collaboratively with agencies and the NYS Office of Information Technology Services clusters that support IT systems across the State.
Currently, we are looking for motivated, highly qualified professionals who can lead and support ongoing transformational statewide information technology projects. Focused on best practices, continuous improvement, and enabling efficient government operations, SFS team members include programmers, project managers, PeopleSoft experts, database and security administrators, business analysts, and customer service and change management professionals. Located in Albany, NY, SFS is a fast-paced, dynamic place to work, where individuals have the opportunity to support the transformation of NYS government’s financial business processes. SFS is committed to diversity and workforce development, providing its employees with professional growth through training opportunities and knowledge sharing.
To learn more about SFS, visit our website at www.sfs.ny.gov.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume by e-mail, fax, or post office mail. Please include your current Civil Service title and grade and be sure to indicate that you are applying for the position of Information Technology Specialist 1, Ref. #21-14.