Minimum Qualifications Seven years of application development experience that includes as primary responsibility the design, development, or evaluation of mainframe or server-based accounting or auditing systems and controls. A Bachelor's Degree in accounting or computer science may substitute for four years of the experience.
Duties Description The Information Systems Auditor 1 will assess the effectiveness of controls for the Thruway Authority's toll audit unit information technology system applications, ensuring effectiveness, efficiency, confidentiality, integrity, and overall compliance with IIA’s Internal Audit and ISACA’s Standard.
The position will be responsible for:
• Analyzing the appropriateness of the designed software applications and systems for cashless tolling by testing the effectiveness of the controls in place, identify control weaknesses, and developing recommendations for control improvement.
• Evaluating toll audit systems to ensure the systems are operating efficiently, effectively and accurately to meet the Authority’s priorities and standards.
• Identifying complex problems; developing and evaluating options based on information collected, and implementing solutions regarding improvements or modifications to electronic tolling systems such as Open Road Tolling (ORT) program – Internal system to view ORT gantries; Transaction Search – Internal Program to track transactions on all gantries and where transactions stand with external vendor; Vector – look up transactions and accounts from external vendor system; E-ZPass report – used to run reports from external vendor system; and Kapsch System – used to view transactions and run searches on gantries from external vendor system.
• Developing data extracts from toll systems to support audit initiatives and performing data analysis and data mining.
• Utilizing information derived from audits to recommend improvements and/or potential policy changes.
• Communicating with other units within the department on highly technical IT matters relating to deficiencies observed during control reviews and ensure audit recommendations and plans are followed.
• Reviewing and evaluating the implementation of new systems to ensure that controls in the system are adequate and project management is utilized effectively.
• Serving as a resource for department and liaising with Authority ITS staff on issues such as information systems applications, share knowledge of various finance specific software with staff, and troubleshoot application and software issues as needed.
• Researching best practices and benchmarking of IT industry trends and practices concerning IT infrastructure, new software, and any related vulnerabilities and issues.
Additional Comments This appointment will be provisional. Selected candidate must take the next Civil Service exam for this title and obtain a reachable score in order to be appointed permanently.
The New York State Thruway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Thruway Authority provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518)471-4321.
All other inquires, including questions on applying, should be directed to Rebecca.Dowd@Thruway.ny.gov.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.