Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: One-year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55 b/c service in title Salary Grade 12 or higher determined to be similar by Civil Service.
Note: For 70.1 transfers, a comprehensive list of titles approved for transfers is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with the following systems:
• Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Human Capital Management (HCM)
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
Duties Description The incumbents’ duties will include but are not limited to:
• Entering all personnel transactions in HRIS and HCM
• Data entry of probation reports, performance evaluations, and performance plans into HRIS
• Maintaining attorney license and security guard registration databases
• Tracking employee traineeship periods for advancement
• Tracking and issuing DOL badges
• Setting up new employee and annual Employee Health Services (EHS) exams
• Filing and maintaining employee records
• Processing all commission leaves
• Participate in other special projects as assigned
The Personnel Office works in a team setting creating a collaborative environment which supports staff growth and development. Employees are expected to exhibit professionalism through a consistent commitment to the development and maintenance of excellent work relationships with others, including DOL employees and staff from various control agencies.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #91393 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.