Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Associate Budgeting Analyst, Grade 23, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill two Associate Budgeting Analyst, Grade 23, positions in the Office of Financial Management, Community Budget and Financial Management Group. The incumbent will be assigned to a wide range of budget development and execution activities.
Duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Budget development and execution activities for programs/funding sources assigned including preparing base level budget estimates for the budget request, analyzing policy changes and savings proposals for the Executive Budget, and developing fiscal estimates for legislation or program initiatives.
• Administering all budget implementation and spending plan activities for program areas assigned including spending plan updates to the OMH Aid to Localities Financial System (ALFS) by program, at the county/provider level of detail, and reviewing for consistency with the Enacted Budget.
• Conducting fiscal and policy analysis for special projects and budget initiatives including budget savings initiatives for programs assigned and changes to existing fiscal and program policies.
• Monitoring and updating cash spending projections for programs areas assigned including budget development (e.g. Budget Request and Executive Budget) and execution (e.g. implementation of savings proposals, fiscal oversight).
• Updating OMH's spending plan guidelines which include the rules/control points and fiscal reporting requirements for counties and providers.
• Conducting periodic reviews of regulations and rules to determine if any technical changes, or changes required by any budget or legislative initiatives are required.
• Participating in workgroups which are established to develop and evaluate changes in methodologies for financing the provision of mental health services.
• Coordinating with program staff to ensure adherence to Federal requirements for PATH and CMHS grants.
• Conducting periodic internal control updates and testing.
• Participating in Statewide Financial System (SFS) Workgroups to update and maintain the data linkage between OMH's Aid to Localities Financial System and SFS.
• Responding to telephone calls and e-mails from counties and providers regarding a wide range of fiscal related questions relating to program areas assigned.
• Assisting in the contract review process as a Central OMH office reviewer and ensuring that providers file accurate and appropriate paperwork in order to execute statewide contracts.
• Reviewing and ranking Request for Proposals for new or expanded programs in the program area assigned.
Additional Comments The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #91396 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.