1050 Forest Hill Road
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State (See limited permit option below+); AND
Certification in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; AND
Eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
+ Limited permit option: This option is available only in the Office of Mental Health and Office for People with Developmental Disabilities. If you are licensed in another state or by written examination in Canada, AND meet the other requirements for Psychiatrist 1 or 2, you are also eligible if you have a current limited permit to practice medicine in New York State. If appointed, you must obtain your license within one year of the date your limited permit was issued. Failure to do so will result in removal from your position.
Duties Description Acting as the Adult/Child Psychiatrist, the incumbent will be working in the diagnostic out-patient clinic serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team evaluating, diagnosing, prescribing medication and treatment recommendations for individuals with Autism, behavioral disorders, dual diagnosis, and genetic conditions.
The employee will be offered the possibility to participate in existing research in the Institute or to develop their own research programs. Support provided to encourage publications and attendance/presentations at professional meetings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as Psychiatrist 2 within NYS Region 5 of OPWDD, delivering Psychiatrist 2 services
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé to:
Staten Island DDSOO Human Resources Office
1150 Forest Hill Road, Building 46
Staten Island, NY 10314
Please reference the EOA #21-43 in all correspondence.