AgencyMental Health, Office of
TitleTrades Specialist, Plumber/ Steamfitter, Capital District Psychiatric Center, P22113
Occupational CategorySkilled Craft, Apprenticeship, Maintenance
Bargaining UnitOSU - Operational Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $44354 to $54140 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Capital District Psychiatric Center
75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Successful completion of a NYS two-year Trades Specialist (Plumber & Steamfitter) or NYS two-year plumbing training program; OR successful completion of any equivalent plumbing two-year training or apprenticeship program; * OR four (4) years of full-time experience in plumbing under a skilled journey-level plumber which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in plumbing or training gained by completion of technical courses in plumbing at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
* Successful completion of the traineeship and the training program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific class room instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. Course work must be completed with an average of ?C? or better. Additionally, successful completion of the traineeship also includes 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Duties Description As a Trades Specialist (Plumber & Steamfitter), you would perform journey level plumbing and steamfitting work and frequently supervise others in the installation, alteration and repair of pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, ventilating, heating control, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
• Working knowledge of methods, material, tools and equipment used in the craft or crafts to which assigned.
• Working knowledge of applicable standards and plumbing and electrical code regulations.
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the facility governing the activities of State wards.
• Ability to use the tools, machines, equipment and material of the craft or crafts to which assigned.
• Ability to train and supervise others.
• Ability to plan and lay out work and diagnose problems.
• Ability to read and interpret plans, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Street Capital District Psychiatric Center
75 New Scotland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please include your e-mail address on your application and resume. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it with your other application materials:
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The Office of Mental Health embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.