Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a 70.1 transfer OR Reachable on the open-competitive Medical Assistant eligible list.
Candidates MUST apply to the continuous recruitment Medical Assistant examination through the application found on the exam announcement: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-143.cfm
Candidates must have Either 1: one year of full-time experience performing clinical and clerical support activities in a health care setting.
2: completion of a college, university, technical school, or vocational school medical assistant program.
Notes 1. Your college credit must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by a regional, national, or specialized agency recognized as an accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education/U.S. Secretary of Education. If your college credit was awarded by an educational institution outside the United States and its territories, you must provide independent verification of equivalency. You can write to the Examination Information Desk of the NYS Department of Civil Service for a list of acceptable companies who provide this service. This information can also be found on the Internet at http://www.cs.ny.gov/jobseeker/degrees.cfm. If you are applying on the Internet, you must mail the independent verification of equivalency to the New York State Department of Civil Service, Albany, New York 12239. Attention: S2/20143.
2. Appropriate part-time and volunteer experience, which can be verified, will be accepted on a prorated basis.
3. New York State residence is not required.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will be assigned to the Employee Health Service (EHS) Cohoes Clinic and the primary duties will include:
• Conducting medical diagnostic tests using a variety of equipment, including blood pressure cuffs, vision machine (ortho-rater), hearing machine, electrocardiography (ECG) machine, and spirometer (pulmonary).
• Calibrating and adjusting instruments and recording test results independently.
• Packaging of blood specimens including chain of custody for blood alcohol
• Obtaining urine samples for drug testing, including a chain of custody forms.
• Filing, copying, data entry and other clerical tasks.
• At least 20 % travel to offsite locations throughout the State.
Preferred qualification: Phlebotomy experience is preferred.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DCS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested please fill out the application on the link below, https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-143.cfm. We will NOT take resumes, we need this application.