Duties Description This Nurse 2 will address training needs within community IRA’s and Day Program sites across Broome DDSOO. Working closely with Nursing Administration they will assist in the development and implementation of an on-the-job training program for Nursing personnel. They will be assigned tasks related to assist in providing routine and as-needed training and support of Nursing Department staff within the DDSOO. Mileage is reimbursed per Office of State Comptroller rules and regulations if/when a vehicle from the fleet is unavailable.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Nurse 2 as assigned.
• Provide training on various nursing topics such as medical emergencies, non-emergency medical situations, medication administration, and documentation to unlicensed and licensed direct care staff, to ensure that quality nursing services are provided to individuals.
• Assist Nursing Administration in identifying and addressing knowledge deficits and/or documentation vulnerabilities, as it relates to nursing, across the DDSOO; which will include preparing and submitting data reports for administrative review, routinely.
• Provide annual update and as needed training, related to Nursing department tasks/assignments, to employees.
• Provide training and mentoring to Nursing department staff as necessary, such as how to write an effective Plan of Nursing Service, MOLST, the SDMC process etc. This will include on-site shadowing and remote support to nurse case managers.
• Assist in communicating with medical providers, community vendors or agencies, when necessary, to promote quality services.
• Other duties as assigned. Ability to adjust schedule to meet operational needs is essential, as is a willingness to travel to various worksites as assigned.
Specific duties discussed during interview including description of case load and travel involved.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures compliance with the Taconic DDSOO Policy/Procedures and regulatory requirements
• Completion of nursing procedures/tasks and nursing assessments
• Provides nursing care oversight, charts health status, transcribes physicians’ orders accurately, and ensures appropriate medication orders and follow up appointments are communicated within the IRA
• Serves as a member of the inter-disciplinary team
• Provides clinical supervision to LPN’s as well as nursing guidance to the Direct Support staff
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Additional Comments “Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential. $65,826 - $80,511 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($53826), and Geographic Differential ($12,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($68,511) for the PS&T Grade 16.”
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.