TitleC220029 - Service & Repair Assistant (HVAC-R), Facilities - Campus Operations
Occupational CategorySkilled Craft, Apprenticeship, Maintenance
Bargaining UnitOSU - Operational Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $37507 to $37507 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
One of the following:
• Two years of experience in plumbing, steamfitting, electrical, air-conditioning or refrigeration work under the supervision of a journey-level tradesperson.
• Completion of a two-year technical school course in heating, refrigeration or air-conditioning.
• Certifications earned, completed relevant training, or other documentation that illustrates depth of knowledge in HVAC-R.
• Ability to understand control drawings.
• Experience with Building Management systems.
• Computer competency.
• Ability to work in mechanical and confined spaces.
• Appointees will be required to have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in NYS or otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The Facilities department at the University at Buffalo invites applicants to apply for our Service & Repair Assistant (HVAC-R) position.
The incumbent must possess basic knowledge of mechanical equipment used in building heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems (HVAC-R) and demonstrate proficiency in the safe use of hand and power tools required to perform work tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
• Respond to daily HVAC-R service requests (work orders).
• Assist journey level trades to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair HVAC-R control systems of all types found on campus.
• Use computer to document service work performed.
• Assist journey level trades in the removal or installation of HVAC-R equipment.
• Assist journey level trades involved in all facets of small HVAC-R campus projects.
• Provide high level of customer service.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Departmental Operating Needs:
The incumbent must have a basic understanding of the concepts of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technologies.
The successful candidate must:
• Detail their qualifications and submit appropriate documentation with their application.
• Explain and demonstrate their skills and competency for this position.
• Communicate well with other employees and customers.
• Possess and have demonstrated positive customer service skills.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Be willing and able to respond to after hour calls resulting from equipment and system. failures that may arise at any time of day or any day of the week.
The incumbent may be required to work during adverse weather conditions to ensure continuous operation of all BMS and HVAC systems.
Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.