Office of Information and Reporting Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a Master’s degree or higher and relevant senior level leadership and management experience including a record of proven results and responsibility for a major complex office or institution of higher education, education or government including professional and educational experience related to large-scale data management, qualitative or quantitative research, data analysis, data collection, data reporting and/or development of data systems.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Coordinator in the Office of Information and Reporting Services. The Office of Information and Reporting Services (IRS) is responsible for New York State's data collection, management and reporting processes, including implementing and monitoring the Department's data collection schedule and reporting calendar for federal and State accountability for P-12 and higher education in New York State. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide vision, leadership and communication with respect to implementation of a major reform and expansion of the Department's educational data collection and reporting to ensure the use of best practices;
• Direct a large team of data analysts in the Office of IRS and application developers within P-12, IRS - IT and Central ITS to support the integration of data collection, and data reporting, into instruction and learning;
• Provide vision and leadership for the secure collection and reporting of P-20 data, such as individual student data, educator data, aggregate school and district data, and aggregate higher education data;
• Oversee and direct the collection, evaluation, and implementation of all educational data including the data management work of various program offices throughout the agency that have programmatic responsibility for education data reporting;
• Provide direction and support to the Director of Educational Data and Research to lead multiple teams to deliver field facing applications to streamline data collection and reporting;
• Provide vision, leadership and communication with respect to management of all contractual obligations for systems within the Office of Information and Reporting Services to ensure uninterrupted services for all of New York State;
• Serve as the primary liaison to coordinate with New York State's Regional Information Centers, the New York State Broadband Office, Education Superhighway, eRate, Big Five city school districts and all other state and federal agency/organizations to support the secure collection and reporting of educational data;
• Serve and guide senior leadership with all press releases and communications including preparing reports and presentations to the Board of Regents and other public reports related to data, policy initiatives, discussions, student achievement, and accountability;
• In conjunction with the Chief Information Security officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Privacy Officer, and NYSED Counsel, serve as the primary liaison to lead the NYSED Data Management Governance Board to ensure the agency adheres to all data security and privacy laws, specifically protecting personally identifiable information and agency-wide data governance;
• Serve as the primary liaison for IRS to collaborate on the implementation and future expansion of computer-based testing for public and private schools in New York State, and
• Lead, collaborate, or serve in any additional capacity, as directed by senior management.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is in the exempt class and the incumbent will serve at the discretion of the Commissioner of Education. Filling of this position is contingent on Division of the Budget approval.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
*Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until a candidate is appointed. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2154/21142) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until a candidate is appointed. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2154/21142) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.