Minimum Qualifications • Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
• Two years of customer service work experience and one year of supervisory experience.
• Ability to work with a diverse population in a calm and courteous manner under stressful conditions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and perform basic computer functions
Duties Description The Civil Service Test Center Supervisor (TCS) is responsible for managing and overseeing test administration at a test site or virtually through the use of a computer and web camera. The duties of the TCS will include:
• Understanding and complying with all examination guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Arranging facility use and planning rooms according to candidate count.
• Providing assistance to test site staff and candidates.
• Charging of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) prior to administration of candidate exams (computerized testing).
• Assisting in the set up and distribution of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) to candidates, as well as assisting candidates with logging into and completing the submission of their exams if necessary.
• Utilizing software to virtually proctor candidates in a remote setting (if necessary)
• Assisting in training monitoring staff in the use of remote proctoring software.
• Maintaining contact with Civil Service Test Administration staff before and after the administration of examinations on a given test date.
• Receiving, distributing, and returning test material in a secure manner.
• Collecting, cleaning, and returning computer testing devices (Chromebooks) to the charging cart(s). Securely storing the charging cart(s).
• Travel will be required throughout the School Districts.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza