Candidates are required to possess and maintain a valid Class B* New York State driver license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Pursuant to the Federal Omnibus Transportation Act, pre-employment drug and alcohol testing may be required. Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug and alcohol testing may be required.
*Candidates MUST provide a copy of their valid NYS Class B driver’s license with their resume when applying to this vacancy.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Operate and drive vehicles on assigned mail runs and freight requests.
• Retrieve, sort, distribute, and deliver items throughout New York State.
• Record and trace barcoded items using handheld scanners.
• Process, package, and label outgoing mail for shipment.
• Setup, load, and unload vehicles in an effective and timely manner.
• Ensure vehicles are clean, well maintained, and required repairs are properly reported.
• Assist with office moves involving assorted types of furniture.
• Maintain and operate various types of equipment including scanning, metering, inserting, and postage machines.
• Efficiently utilize program databases, applications, UPS WorldShip, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Interact with customers and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner.
• Work in the Mail Center at such times that deliveries are not required.
• Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Class B Driver’s License with air brake endorsement issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• Ability to drive a truck with standard transmission.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum 45 pounds.
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment.
• May be required to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Obtain and maintain certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
Shift will be discussed during the interview process.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a copy of your NYS Class B driver's license along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics. You must indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying in your email to us.