Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current New York State employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as an Senior Budgeting Analyst; OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1, or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to an Senior Budgeting Analyst, Budgeting Analyst Trainee 1, or Budgeting Analyst Trainee 2. Public List Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-570 with a score of 100.0 or higher; OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred candidates should have related experience with the following: excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical skills; and productivity software skills, including a high proficiency with Excel. Other desired skills include: experience in an administrative environment, familiarity with the state budget process; and experience working with financial systems.
Duties Description The incumbent will be responsible for: assisting in preparation of the Department of Health Budget Request; tracking and projecting disbursements for multiple programs; reviewing contracts and Request for Proposals; reviewing current and proposed legislation; submitting budget journals; reviewing and submitting Federal Grant applications; processing interagency payments; data analysis; relaying information to staff throughout the Department; resolving funding issues; acting as a liaison between the Department of Health and other agencies; implementation of the State Budget; and various other tasks, as assigned.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference ST/SBA/9705 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, ST/SBA/9705, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.