AgencyCivil Service, Department of
Occupational CategoryNo Preference
Salary RangeFrom $24 to $24 Hourly
Jurisdictional Class Unclassified Service
"Other" Explanation Saturday OR Sunday of the test date (typically 10 hours or less an exam, an exam is not held every Saturday OR Sunday) No. Hours per Week varies.
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications • Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
• Two years of customer service work experience and one year of supervisory experience.
• Ability to work with a diverse population in a calm and courteous manner under stressful conditions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and perform basic computer functions
Duties Description The Civil Service Test Center Supervisor (TCS) is responsible for managing and overseeing test administration at a test site or virtually through the use of a computer and web camera. The duties of the TCS will include:
• Understanding and complying with all examination guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Arranging facility use and planning rooms according to candidate count.
• Providing assistance to test site staff and candidates.
• Charging of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) prior to administration of candidate exams (computerized testing).
• Assisting in the set up and distribution of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) to candidates, as well as assisting candidates with logging into and completing the submission of their exams if necessary.
• Utilizing software to virtually proctor candidates in a remote setting (if necessary)
• Assisting in training monitoring staff in the use of remote proctoring software.
• Maintaining contact with Civil Service Test Administration staff before and after the administration of examinations on a given test date.
• Receiving, distributing, and returning test material in a secure manner.
• Collecting, cleaning, and returning computer testing devices(Chromebooks) to the charging cart(s). Securely storing the charging cart(s).
• Travel will be required throughout the School Districts.
Additional Comments Candidates will be required to work at Testing Sites at all locations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address DCSMonitors@cs.ny.gov
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingIf interested please submit a copy of your cover letter & resume. Please include the vacancy ID number in your cover letter or subject line of your e-mail.