215 Jerusalem Ave
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
• Two years of customer service work experience and one year of supervisory experience.
• Ability to work with a diverse population in a calm and courteous manner under stressful conditions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and perform basic computer functions
Duties Description The Civil Service Test Monitor may be assigned to a test room or to a facility hallway and is responsible for the security of test materials and the administration of civil service examinations to candidates in a designated area. The duties of the Test Monitor will include:
• Understanding and complying with all examination guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Reading routine instructions to candidates and providing aide to examinees in the administration of their examinations.
• Assisting in the distribution of exam materials to candidates as well as the collection and accounting of all associated test material from candidates upon completion of their examination.
• Assisting in the set up and distribution of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) to candidates, as well as assisting candidates with logging into and completing the submission of their exams if necessary.
• Utilizing software to virtually proctor candidates in a remote setting.
• Completing all required paperwork for the various exams that are administered, reporting any suspected irregularities or discrepancies.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Travel will be required throughout the School Districts.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza