Office of Information and Reporting Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND two years specialized experience in data programming and data analysis. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of specialized experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess a high level of knowledge, proficiency, and practical experience in programming (JAVA, PL/SQL, SAS, PHP) running queries on large data sets, project management tools and techniques for data documentation, and sound written communication skills.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position within the Office of Information and Reporting Services. Under the supervision of the SG-23 position within the NYSED Office of Information and Reporting Services (IRS), the incumbent will work with IRS to build capacity resulting from increased workload required by American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) requirements and to provide technical assistance to various program offices within the Department and the field on ARP ESSER data reporting requirements. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical assistance to New York State Education Department Program Offices and Department Units;
• Participate in and develops materials and documentation used and supported by the Department for project deliverables;
• Draft program guidelines related to the assigned project;
• Prepare data collection instruments to audit and evaluate project effectiveness;
• Analyze and interpret data following analytical methods prescribed by the assigned project;
• Identify actual or potential problem areas, trends, project accomplishments, and additional key factors in the project being designed, developed, and implemented;
• Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing project results;
• Manage the delivery of assigned work packages and supply regular status updates to the Project Management Office; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $77,912 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for these positions. You must include the Box number (P12-2155/51576) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for these positions. You must include the Box number (P12-2155/51576) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.