Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIOINS:
Transfer Qualifications: Any Current HIM Tech 1
Anyone eligible for a 70.1 Transfer
Promotional Qualifications: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List
Provisional Qualifications: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who
meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional
Minimum Qualifications: You must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position.
On or before the date of filing your application, you must meet the following requirements:
You must be currently certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Conditions of Employment:
If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory re-employment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receipt, review, data entry, maintenance, storage, transfer and disposal of records at OPWDD Facility.
• Primary duties are to maintain, sort, organize all documents / charts that come into the HIM department from five (5) county offices. HIM Tech I sorts, organizes and assembles, labels and files all records of excess, discharge, and death from Outpatients SOIRA's, Family Care and Campus records.
• At the request of MHLS or AAGs Office gathers and assembles records for court hearings, transports records to court assists with production of records in court.
• Certify records for court proceedings.
• Review records for completeness and accuracy review admission, discharge, and death records for processing.
• TABS Billing and tracking data entry, census monitoring and hospital reporting are required duties.
• Responding and preparing records for releases, litigation, and audits.
• Becoming fluent with the Electronic Health Record: making corrections and deletions, running reports/litigation holds, logging releases of information, printing records for court and assisting in the patient portal access.
• Special projects as requested by HIM Tech 2 and Health Information Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by August 19, 2022 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-132 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.