2090 Albany Post Road
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS Employees: Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse and eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Open to the Public: There will be no formal written examination. Applicant not currently in a permanent Licensed Practical Nurse title or on the eligible list, must meet one of the following qualifications:
1. A license to practice as a Practical Nurse in NYS
2. A limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in NYS.
3. An application on file for a limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in NSY (You must be appointed immediately following graduation from an approved school of nursing to qualify under this option)
NOTE: If you are appointed with either qualification 2 or 3, you must obtain your Practical Nurse license within one (1) year of the date your limited permit was issued or the appointment will be voided. Continued employment will be contingent upon maintaining a valid NYS license to practice as a Practical Nurse.
Preference will be given to candidates with long-term care experience.
Duties Description As an LPN under the supervision of an RN, you would be involved in the treatment of residents. You would administer certain medications; observe residents and report changes in their condition; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; and obtain specimens for analysis. You would prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed residents; and care for residents and their quarters by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linen, lifting and moving residents and caring for their personal effects.
Additional Comments All Shift Available.
Base salary includes: Geographic Pay and Location Pay. Please add $575.00 for evening/night Shift Differential.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
We are a 252 bed Skilled Long Term Care Nursing Facility providing care to the Veterans in our Community
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.