Bronx Psychiatric Center, Building 13, 1500 Waters Place
Minimum Qualifications Nurse 1 – A registered nurse in NYS with current registration to practice.
Nurse 2 Psychiatric – A registered nurse in NYS with current registration to practice. One year of post-licensure registered clinical experience including six months post-licensure specialized nursing experience with individuals, at least 50% of whom have been diagnosed with mental illness, alcoholism, or chemical dependency ~ OR ~ eighteen months of post-licensure registered nurse general clinical experience.
NOTE: Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description Under the direct supervision of a Nurse Administrator Psychiatric or a Nurse 3 Psychiatric, incumbents serve as members of a multidisciplinary team performing a variety of nursing and client care activities designed to ensure that clients receive all necessary care in accordance with the nursing care plan, established protocols, and standards of health care. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provides direct nursing care to clients, including comprehensive admission assessments, dispensing medication, providing physician-ordered medical treatment, transcribing orders, and collection of specimens for laboratory analysis or culture.
• Provides health education to clients, monitors client behavior and participates in treatment planning.
• Assesses the needs of clients, which can include an assessment of care received, services available, and work environments to identify potential obstacles to success.
• Handles crisis intervention with clients (psychological, physiological, and behavioral).
• Maintains accurate and detailed reports and records electronically and/or physically as appropriate.
• May provide clinical supervision to licensed, paraprofessional, and direct care personnel (i.e. Addictions Counselors) involved in the care and treatment of clients and may assist in aspects of administrative supervision, such as developing/setting performance standards; may serve as shift supervisor on the evening or night shifts.
• May assist in general client care activities, such as meal preparation & distribution and room preparation.
• Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment; monitors clients and ensures building security.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Hourly Rate:
Nurse 2 Psychiatric - $42.05
Nurse 1 - $35.06
OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) are Tobacco Free Facilities.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All OASAS employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please submit a resume to Recruitment@oasas.ny.gov, indicating Vacancy ID #105702 in the subject line of your email. Failure to do so man result in delays processing your application.