Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Physical Therapy Assistant OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: On or before the date of filing application, you must meet the following requirements:
Physical Therapist Assistant 1: you must be eligible** for certification OR be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State.
After two years of satisfactory experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant 1, you will be advanced to Physical Therapy Assistant 2 without further examination.
* If you are applying under eligibility for certification or for a limited permit:
?For college programs registered by NYSED or for American Physical Therapy Association Accredited Programs you must submit a copy of your college transcript with your NYS-APP.
?For all other programs submit a copy of documentation from NYSED that it has found your professional preparation to be acceptable.
Physical Therapist Assistant 2: you must be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State AND have two years of post-certification physical therapy assistant experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• All positions will require travel.
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT:
• Administers a variety of selected forms of physical therapy;
• Instructs individual patients and groups of patients in simple active exercises and in those directed to restoring specific body functions;
• Assists with ordering equipment, repair of equipment, preventative maintenance of all physical therapy equipment and lubrication and cleaning of wheelchairs.
• Under supervision, assistant will assist implementing clinical treatments, i.e., passive R.O.M., Vestibular stimulation, aquatics program, developmental sequence, etc.
• Instructs in transfer procedures, as from bed to wheelchair, and in the use of crutches;
• Prepares patients for treatment and sets up equipment;
• Cleans up and stores equipment after treatment.
• Observes, evaluates, and reports the relationship between the patient’s disabilities and the effect of treatment and the positive and negative responses to treatment.
• Work is performed under specific direction and frequent observation from a higher-ranking therapist.
• Write treatment notes EHR according to IPSIDD guidelines.
• Train Staff on IRA Specific PT guidelines.
• Performed Annual Bed Assessment on modified beds and monthly for bed rails, according to Bed Policy Procedure.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by August 19, 2022 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-133 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.