Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
There are no educational or experience requirements. Successful candidates in the position must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and the campus community.
Must be able to stand, stoop, bend and stretch for long periods of time. Have the ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor, ability to use various cleaning equipment and products; ability to climb ladders and scaffolds. May be assigned to clean laboratories, operating rooms or hospital, school or custodial care settings that require a high degree of cleanliness and disinfectant processes that must be followed to minimize the spread of infection. The ability to shovel and remove snow from walkways and areas adjacent to buildings.
Duties Description Position Summary:
Immediate Openings for 3rd Shift Cleaner Positions
• Annual salary of $30,181
• NYS benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Tuition assistance
• Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal leave
• No experience necessary
Submit your online application: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/35096
About our Cleaner Positions
As a 3rd shift Cleaner, you will perform a variety of routine manual work under supervision to prepare buildings and classrooms for day time operations.
Typical tasks assigned to this position include:
• Empty trash, recyclables and dispose of waste including medical waste, spoiled linens and hazardous articles on floors, furniture and equipment
• Clean, dust, and polish assigned areas including furniture, metal fixtures and equipment
• Clean floors including wash, strip and wax floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, vacuum and shampoo carpets
• Clean and scrub walls, partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings and all areas of lavatories and locker rooms including cleaning blood spills and bodily fluids
• Change curtains and drapes, hang pictures and other decorative objects, replace light bulbs, dust or wash light fixtures and high places using ladders and scaffolds
• Move furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities, meeting set up, or special events
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Departmental Operating Needs:
This position requires you to have strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions. Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.