Minimum Qualifications Knowledge of clinical laboratory testing, quality assurance, audits and applicable New York State laws and regulations. Must be well organized and work independently as well as having excellent written, verbal communication, and computer skills. Must be willing to travel to laboratories accepting specimens originating from New York, this includes within New York State, outside the State and outside of the U.S.
Duties Description Clinical Laboratory Consultants (CLCs) inspect clinical laboratories, blood banks, patient service centers and specialized facilities performing testing activities within New York State, and laboratories outside the State and U.S. that accept specimens originating from New York State. CLCs are responsible for conducting on-site evaluations of laboratory staff qualifications and testing procedures including the evaluation of facility standard operating procedure manuals and review of laboratory records; reporting of findings to laboratory directors and technical staff; documenting findings in descriptive narratives and laboratory evaluation reports; and determining the acceptance of a facility’s proposed remediation by reviewing the plan of correction.
Additional Comments This position requires proof of vaccination from COVID-19
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference NMH/CLC/14416 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/CLC/14416, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.