Duties Description The Director of the Center of Excellence (COE) reports to the Executive Director and will provide leadership and management to the day-to-day activities of the COE as it transforms the New York State Thruway Authority.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of the long-term strategic plan in conjunction with the capital plan and in coordination with the various departments and divisions of the Thruway Authority.
• Manage the staff reporting into the COE, including assignments, skills-building, performance reviews, and daily operations.
• Manage special projects and recommendations, including completion of short-term, medium-term, and long-term projects.
• Develop and maintain playbooks in the following areas: portfolio management, software delivery lifecycle, agile project management, construction project management, process improvement, and policy reviews.
• Coordinate change management activities – communication, training, readiness – for key projects and initiatives with the appropriate stakeholders and change management teams.
• Monitor performance indicators to measure impact of initiatives, identify new initiatives, and proactively detect potential risks and issues.
• Conduct regular engagement with Thruway leadership, Department heads, and Division Directors on strategic initiatives and projects.
• Bring customer service and employee engagement perspectives and practices into COE projects and initiatives.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives, including current state assessments, new process development, and implementation.
• Provide regular updates to the Executive Director and other Thruway executives.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 189