120 New Scotland Ave
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Program Aide (G13) OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent permanent, competitive service in a title at or above a (G11) and eligible for transfer to a Program Aide (G13) under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
At least one year experience with State purchasing. At least one year experience compiling & reviewing travel packages.
Experience with HRI purchasing. Ability to independently prioritize workload.
Duties Description The Program Aide will be assigned to the Wadsworth Center's New Scotland Ave Administration Unit. The Program Aide will be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to monitoring group email accounts, entering State purchase requests into ePMX and SFS, purchase supplies and equipment for division laboratories utilizing a government Visa card (p-card), enter HRI purchasing transactions into EPRS, reviewing travel packages for completeness and accuracy, provide technical assistance to program staff, update tracking systems, assist to draft correspondence and prepare reports, and assist with personnel/recruitment activities as needed. Additional duties include answering the main phone line and directing calls, tracking equipment purchases, performing follow-up, responding to inquiries and other appropriate related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments This position is located at the David Axelrod Institute and includes free parking.
Full-time, contingent-permanent. Transfer candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify eligibility.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/PA/12370 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/PA/12370, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until July 8, 2022.