Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience* in domestic or gender-based violence service programs, including work in any human services, governmental, training and education, public policy, or public affairs.
*Substitutions: A bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of specialized experience; a master’s degree may substitute for five years of specialized experience; a PhD may substitute for six years of specialized experience.
The incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of capacity building for Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) and Domestic Violence (DV) providers working with survivors of DV including training curricula, resources, and other technical assistance.
The preferred candidate will have experience in the field of intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, experience in the field of gender-based violence, or other programming in support of children and families with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Duties Description Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the review of domestic violence and sexual violence materials and policies.
• Conduct research to enhance project activities.
• Assist in the development of curricula and in the planning, coordination, and implementation of training initiatives, in partnership with consulting agencies including:
• Conduct needs assessment research.
• Develop learning objectives, training lessons, and related materials including activities, practices, job aids, handouts, workbooks, etc.
• Evaluate training programs and use information to improve deliverables.
• Assist in the development of informational and outreach materials.
• Conduct outreach programs including coordinating project activities related to presentation delivery.
• Prepare written reports, facilitate data collection, and evaluate as required by the agency and/or funding sources.
• Co-train curricula with consultant agency.
• Coordinate meetings and work with the advisory council.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OPDV employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
HRM 31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.