Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS Employees: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse and eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law Open to the Public: There will be no written examination. Applicants not currently in a permanent Nurse 1 title or on the eligible list must meet one of the following qualifications.
1. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse in NYS.
2. A limited permit to practice as a Registered Nurse in NYS.
3. An application on file for a limited permit to practice as a Registered Nurse in NYS (You must be appointed immediately following graduation from an approved school of nursing to qualify under this option.
NOTE: If you are appointed with either qualifications 2 or 3, you must obtain your Registered Nurse license within one (1) year of the date your limited permit was issued or the appointment will be voided.
Continued employment will be contingent upon maintaining a valid NYS license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with the Geriatric population
Duties Description Coordinate nursing care activities with other health care disciplines involved in the treatment of residents; review and evaluate nursing care plans to ensure procedures and practices selected will best serve the the residents physical and mental needs; administer meds; administer treatment plans as ordered by a physician; supervise LPNs and CNAs.
Additional Comments Posted salary range includes the statutory hiring rate and job rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($49,202.00 - $62,806.00), additional Geographic Pay Differential of $35,000.00, a Downstate Adjustment of $3026.00, Evening Shift Differential of $3620.00 (if applicable), Night Shift Differential of $4500.00 (if applicable), Inconvenience Pay Differential of $575.00 (if applicable) and an Impractical to Recruit Differential of $5641.00 (if applicable).
All Shifts Available.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
We are a 252 bed long term skilled care nursing facility providing care to the Veterans of our community.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.