Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s in financial or administrative management concentrations from an accredited College or University.
• Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of combined experience in investment operations, financial services, project management, procurement, and/or administrative and programmatic roles in a regulated financial entity with an insurance component.
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of investment principles, products, and markets or demonstrates an enthusiasm to learn.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description In February 2022, the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was listed as the 37th Best Midsize Employer in America by Forbes. NYSIF’s Investment Operations Specialists will assist with all aspects of agency’s Investment operations including the four (4) core investment areas: Risk Analysis; Trading; Portfolio Management; and Credit Analysis. These positions will report to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and/or designated Investment management staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of various daily investment department operational processes, policies, projects, and procedures.
• Liaise with NYSIF’s custodian on investment transactions and ensure portfolio reporting accuracy.
• Assist with recruitments, the onboarding of new managers, staff training, and setting-up accounts in custodian and vendor systems.
• Transfer assets between custodian accounts, under the direction of investment staff.
• Interfacing with other internal NYSIF Departments, including administration, finance, legal, compliance, and treasury on an as-needed basis.
• Coordinate with external managers to schedule and maintain calendar items and update active documents.
• Manage the Investment Department’s expenditures using Oracle Finance.
• Coordinate the Request For Procurement (RFP) processes between Procurement, Legal, and the Investment team.
• Plan and implement special work projects and daily functions to ensure compliance with agency requirements (board reports, Internal Audit/Control, IT assessments, telecommuting compliance, time/attendance, etc.).
• Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.