Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing. Master's a plus.
Relevant Experience Required: Minimum 5 years' sales/new business proven track record with ability to close business consistently, hit target objectives and meet financial goals.
Experience working with clients and interacting with principles and/or directors of companies as well as community officials. Business and government contacts a plus. Strong organizational skills and multitasking is required. Excellent negotiation and presentation skills with sound verbal and written skills.
Knowledge Required: Proficiency with Microsoft including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Fully bilingual with excellent skills in Spanish and English, both oral and written. Ability to work well under extreme pressure.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Generate new revenue streams by identifying new markets & new partnerships, as well as seeking creative new ways to expand and build existing business that impacts on both the New York State and Puerto Rico economies. Initiate and manage all the Trade components of the Puerto Rico Office to secure business retention and profitable growth for Puerto Rico from NYS and for NYS from Puerto Rico. The New Business Development Manager will provide day to day updates of the commercial scenarios by assisting in the review, analysis, and evaluation of business opportunities in both locations, NYS and PR.
· Assist in the identification of business opportunities by researching prospects and evaluating their position in the industry & by researching and analyzing revenue development options.
· Drive sustainable, financial growth by boosting sales. Forge strong business ties by developing & nurturing relationships with clients and customers and close the deals.
· Assist in gathering pertinent statistical information that can have an effect on economic development for both NYS and PR.
· Assist in providing information, support and guidance via research; recommend new opportunities in profit and service to improve operational efficiency.
· Remain current on economic industry trends, market activities, and competitive scenarios. Collect the data, perform analysis, summarize information and submit these reports in a timely manner.
· Respond to unsolicited inquiries from small businesses, start-ups and ongoing concerns that present themselves to the Puerto Rico Office requiring additional information that can be provided by administrative staff.
· Assume other projects as appropriate and assigned by the Director.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Maintain close contact with ESD staff, applicants, grantees, borrowers, investors, consultants, business and local governmental agencies as well as civic and community organizations, cultural and professional organizations and advocacy groups in NYS and PR.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=28f01757-5a4d-4afc-a308-b236c08f3222&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY