Minimum Qualifications Selection Criteria:
Ability to work effectively within the treatment team
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to serve as a role model
Ability to act independently
Ability to accurately observe and document conditions relating to individuals welfare and security
Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State AND certification by a Member Board of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in your specialty
Current Medical Specialist 2
Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Medical Specialist 2, by the Department of Civil Service
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In a clinical setting, the incumbent will provide diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services under the direct supervision of a licensed physician.
• As the leading Doctor, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and delivery of all medical/clinical treatment programs, including medical, medical ancillary and psychiatric services, by both facility healthcare staff and consultants.
• The primary duties will include responsibility for providing direct clinical services and overall medical management to a panel of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Additional duties will include working with medical staff, medical representation on teams, participate in facility wide committees and compliance with all oversight entitles, example: (OPWDD, DOH).
• Physical medicine and medical-ancillary services.
• Maintenance of accepted standards of medical practice, while ensuring the provision of quality medical care services.
• Full compliance with Office of People with Developmental Disabilities policy regulations, especially as they pertain to operating under Intermediate Care Facility Standards.
Additional Comments Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting Form, cover letter and resume by December 31, 2022 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the above EOA # Broome- 221231A-CR in all correspondence.