Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be in title or on the Civil Service eligible list for this location or be eligible for transfer under section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service.
Promotion: one year of service as a Clinical Physician 1.
Open-Competitive: Candidate is licensed and registered to practice medicine in New York State (see limited permit option below †); AND
1. completion of two years of post-licensure medical experience.**
† Limited permit option: This option is available only in the Office of Mental Health and Office for People With Developmental Disabilities. If you are licensed in another state or by written examination in Canada, AND meet the other requirements for Clinical Physician 1 or 2, you are also eligible if you have a current limited permit to practice medicine in New York State. If appointed, you must obtain your license within one year of the date your limited permit was issued. Failure to do so will result in removal from your position.
**For the purpose of these examinations: Qualifying post-licensure medical experience is general medical experience in a private, clinical, or hospital medical practice which includes diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, interpreting x-rays and laboratory tests, conducting physical examination, and basic primary preventative care. This would include but is not limited to experience in the practice of internal medicine, family medicine, preventative medicine, or emergency medicine.
Candidates interested in applying must complete the New York State Application
(https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit along with the résumé and cover letter.
Duties Description Independently diagnoses, treats, prescribes, and provides general medical care and treatment services for assigned individuals provides clinical supervision and guidance to other medical providers manage, and supervises medical services for facility, unit, or program. Provide administrative and medical services in Article 16 clinic.
Additional Comments Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting Form, cover letter and resume by May 9, 2022 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the above EOA # Broome- 221231B-CR in all correspondence.