Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: You must have one year of permanent competitive service as a DDSCTA 1 or one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer to DDSCTA 1 or DDSCTA Trainee under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional: Candidates must have a High School Diploma, GED or higher, or a Direct Support Professional Certification from an accredited public or private organization and a valid Driver’s License. Interested candidates should mail a completed NYS-APP#4 20-151 & 20-152 (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/20-151&20-152.pdf ) to Sunmount Developmental Disabilities State Operations Office, 2445 State Route 30 Tupper Lake, NY 12986 or call 518-359-4150 to express interest.
If you are a current OPWDD employee who is interested in these opportunities, please complete and mail NYS-APP#4, 10-026 & 10-027 (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/10-026&10-027.pdf ) to the the previously mentioned location.
Duties Description As a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee, you would participate in a traineeship ranging from 9 to 15 months, depending on your ability to demonstrate competency in certain critical performance areas of consumer care. The traineeship includes a wide range of learning experiences in the provision of care for individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities in a secure setting. You will be required to successfully complete all mandated trainings. At the successful completion of your traineeship, you will advance without further examination to Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide, Salary Grade 11.
As a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide, you would assist in the habilitation and care of individuals with developmental disabilities living in an OPWDD secure unit. These individuals may exhibit criminal and offending behaviors, have severely deviant behaviors, and/or be dangerous to themselves or others. You would be responsible for providing these individuals with a safe and secure environment and assisting in the implementation of their habilitation plan. You must be able to stand, bend, stretch, lift, and participate in physical interventions.
To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnK4z3KAqtE
Additional Comments Additional Comments
Salary range above features the hiring rate in effect for Franklin County for Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee (Equated to SG-10) thru the job rate of Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 (SG-11).
• As of February 26, 2022 all OPWDD employees assigned to this location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. There is no testing option for employees assigned to this location in lieu of vaccination.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate
this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally
assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or
excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice).