Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Associates’ degree in Secretarial Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing or Tourism. Substantial Additional directly related experience may be substituted (in addition to min. experience required.)
Minimum Requirements: Language Ability: Fully bilingual with excellent skills in Spanish and English, both oral and written. Relevant Experience Required: Minimum three (3) years’ administrative experience, working with customers and the public. Excellent people skills and communication skills. Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher Other Skills: Strong organizational skills with multitasking are required while working well under pressure. Business savvy beneficial. Reliable and dependable. Must adhere to deadlines. Punctuality is a must.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and office support activities for the New York State Office of Trade and Tourism. The Admin will assist the Director in the daily operation of the duties and of the office including but not limited to the structural component of the organization. Duties will include clerical tasks and organizing the department’s processes.
The Admin’s tasks may include assisting in the implementation and administration of both the Trade and Tourism component of the Office that encompasses marketing, sales, research, and multiple assignments as needed
• · Provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial duties to support the day-to-day operations for the Director of NYSOTT that includes maintain files, order and maintain supply inventory, process procurement documentation and open and distribute mail.
· Assist in Director’s phone inquiries and follow thru as instructed.
· Maintain and manage the Director’s calendar with scheduling internal and external appointments, meetings, events and conference calls.
· Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel and business expense forms.
· Assist other support and professional staff in the department/division as required including the Taste New York Store which may include store operator abilities including attend customers, cash register management and inventory management, calendar of events and social media.
· Assistance when necessary in the development and implementation of all Tourism initiatives.
· Carry out special assignments, as appropriate and requested by the Director
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=28f01757-5a4d-4afc-a308-b236c08f3222&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY