Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: A bachelor’s degree in government, business, public administration, economics, or relevant field. Graduate degree preferred.
Relevant experience required: Eight (8) plus years of relevant experience with community and economic development issues and business finance. Five (5) plus years’ experience in a leadership role, which involved developing and/or implementing strategic plans, process and procedure improvements, and/or long-term sustainable efficiency measures. Five (5) plus years of management experience. Experience in the field of executive level management and/or management consulting experience preferred. A J.D. or master’s degree may substitute for two years of relevant experience.
Knowledge required: MWBE/Affirmative Action and/or community economic development. Knowledge of government, policy and program development Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Under the general direction of the Minority and Women’s Business Development (MWBD) Executive Vice President (EVP) and Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director I develops and executes programs and policies to promote Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) engagement and utilization on NYS procurements. Lead the agency services and business development activities of the Division. Coordinate with all State agencies on MWBE participation, provide recommendations on legislative matters affecting the MWBE community, and oversee the operations of the assigned units related to marketing and outreach, certification, agency training, MWBE programs, business development, and reporting.
• Oversee business development and agency services programming, consisting of various technical and financial assistance initiatives to help MWBEs secure government contracts, access financing, improve operations, and grow their businesses. Manage the Business Development and Agency Services Units, regularly improving its efficiency and developing strategies as necessary.
• Participate in working groups, task forces, and forums on MWBE issues, and ensure the visibility of State MWBE activity throughout the MWBE stakeholder community.
• Respond to inquiries concerns from members of the public, MWBEs, elected officials, and NYS agencies.
• Organize public events and training sessions on MWBE issues and deliver remarks at conferences and other public gatherings.
• Work with business development and agencies/authorities, MWBEs, and external stakeholders to promote and encourage full engagement in programs authorized under Article 15-A (such as MWBD related procurement practices and reporting protocols), as well as policies and practices relating to new initiatives.
• Create evaluation metrics and conduct quarterly evaluations to analyze various participating business development and agencies/authorities’ initiatives. Host meetings to share these results to help the participating stakeholders and agencies/authorities improve outputs. Hold annual evaluation meetings with business community and agencies/authorities to review metrics, measure effectiveness, and elicit feedback on any improvements needed for the program.
• Represent ESD on behalf of the Division by participating on panels for various business seminars, agencies, authorities, community-based organizations, and business trade groups.
• Perform other special projects as assigned.
• Statewide travel required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY