Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Graduate level in Planning, Environmental Studies, Public Policy, Law, or related field.
Equivalent Experience required: 7+ years in planning, SEQRA environmental analysis, historic preservation, and public process with a strong background in project management.
Knowledge required: Background in environmental analysis and review, historic preservation, urban and regional planning, working with consultants, governmental agencies, community groups, etc. Experience with NEPA and NYC Zoning is desired but not required.
Skills required: Ability to provide creative solutions for unique issues while satisfying regulatory and statutory requirements and allowing project objectives to be met. Strong interpersonal, oral, written and analytical skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Manage Environmental Review & Planning division in conducting and analyzing planning and environmental studies for ESD projects. Perform and direct environmental review and planning functions for ESD projects and ESD subsidiaries including SEQR review, historic preservation consultation and land use and planning analysis.
• Supervise division staff in all aspects of environmental assessment and review for ESD projects.
• Provide guidance and advise on planning issues, historic preservation, and environmental permit processes as member of ESD interdisciplinary team in the completion of projects’ General Project Plan process.
• Lead environmental review among working groups of ESD real estate, legal and community engagement staff, developers, city and state agencies, consultants and outside counsel.
• Direct the review and preparation of environmental section of all Board materials.
• Supervise Consultant contracts for the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and planning documents.
• Prepare RFP’s, conduct consultant selection process, manage and budget consultant contracts for ESD lead agency assessments and EISs.
• Public presentations to the ESD Board, at public hearings and to community groups.
• Draft environmental assessments and historic preservation agreements.
• Review and evaluate funding applications for consistency with Smart Growth Criteria.
• Review agency program guidelines for SEQRA and SHPO compliance.
• Designated ESD Agency Preservation Officer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY