Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education level required: Bachelor’s degree preferably in economics, political science, government, international relations, business development and film/TV/Media.
Relevant experience required: 5-7+ years. Preferred candidates should have some of the following skills: Experience with public policy analysis. Excellent formal, media, and strategic writing. Familiarity with film/tv/theater production and/or post-production and media industries. Experience crafting professional research, analysis, and/or strategic plans. Experience working in a government setting. Familiarity with New York State. Understanding of economic ecosystems. Experience with project collaboration. Experience working in office settings. Experience both leading and following on project execution.
Additional Experience & Knowledge Required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently.
· Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies.
· Strong attention to detail and independent follow through is highly important.
· Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft products (MS Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint), email software, internet searching, calendar management, meeting management and other programs
· Ability to work with statistics and strong writing skills to articulate the meaning of data in readily accessible/understandable formats.
· Ability to work successfully as part of a team a must
· Excellent computer knowledge and skills: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Implementation and administration of new and existing programs relating to the growth of the motion picture and television production industries, post-production industries, theater industries and Media industries across NYS. The Sr. Manager, Research, Strategy, and Business Development will bring new project ideas to the team, developing and presenting plans and strategies for execution. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Deputy Director, and senior leadership at ESD, the Sr. Manager, Research, Strategy, and Business Development will lead and assist on research projects, business development initiatives, economic development policies and analysis, and various projects determined by interests, abilities and departmental needs.
· Draft memos, talking points, briefings, strategic communications, and other materials as needed
· Conduct research and analysis in support of policy recommendations and departmental strategies related to program areas
· Translate research into documents and spreadsheets
· Develop and implement strategies for office to identify opportunities to grow New York’s share of the film and media production industry, support New York’s existing industry, as well as address potential industry challenges
· Execute projects with team members and independently
· Participate, assisting and leading, in internal planning to develop and implement projects and policies
· Hold external stakeholder and industry meetings to support and guide business and workforce development
· Monitor and analyze industry trends and sources to identify and actively recruit new productions and jobs to New York State; develop strategic lines of approach to present to Executive Director
· Prepare and update reports on production activity around the state, including economic impact assessment and detailed economic/hiring profiles of specific productions.
· Draft and track correspondence, responding of behalf of the office to inquiries from industry stakeholders, the public, and state government colleagues
· Participate in the establishment of strategic partnerships and working relationships with educational institutions, non-profits, state government colleagues and others to expand the mission of MPTV and support development of opportunities for a broad and diverse industry workforce across the state
· Participate in the maintenance and growth of extensive directories of vendors, facilities, and unique locations around the state.
· In collaboration with colleagues, manage industry communications, strategically promoting and marketing NYS to industry decision makers
· Triage and facilitate office’s participation and partnership on external events- speak on behalf of NYS as needed
· Generate image-based materials in support of marketing initiatives, including annual reports, webpages, and other applications
· Think strategically and problem solve by actively contributing to discussions and the execution of long-term policy visions and short-term crisis management
· Other duties as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY