Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy/Administration, Business, or relevant area of study. Experience required: Five years of experience in program design, broadband and telecommunications, or grant-making.
• Experience with and understanding of state policymaking, regulations, and procedures;
• Experience strategically engaging with diverse stakeholders;
• Experience in program design and/or the development of Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information and other public-facing documents;
• Experience with government procurement and contracting.
• Management of or direct experience with wireline or wireless broadband, telecommunications, or public safety networks;
• Understanding of how broadband access fosters community and economic development;
• Understanding of the historic and current barriers to broadband deployment access in New York State;
• Knowledge of federal programs that provide financial and other assistance for further deployment of broadband services;
• Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing and the ability to synthesize work products into executive summaries;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing priorities;
• Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Manage the design and implementation of the ESD ConnectALL Office (CAO) portfolio of universal broadband access initiatives. Lead the development of public-facing documents and processes. Assist with management of the day-to-day implementation of CAO programs, including office operations. Advise CAO on intergovernmental issues and liaise with the State Legislature, other New York State agencies, and the private sector as needed.
• Design CAO universal broadband access initiatives, including technical and legal requirements.
• Author and/or lead creation of high-level, public-facing and internal documents such as Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Grant Disbursement Agreements.
• Engage with stakeholders relevant to the design and implementation of universal broadband initiatives, including private industry, local governments, government permitting and regulatory authorities, and community/non-governmental organizations;
• Conduct research, prepare analyses, and suggest strategies for advancing CAO’s mission;
• Assist with the procurement of necessary professional services, including outside consulting support;
• Collaborate closely with CAO staff overseeing outreach, project management, compliance, budget, and data.
• Work with the Executive Chamber and across State agencies on universal broadband access initiatives to advance program performance and efficiency;
• In consultation with relevant State and local regulatory and permitting entities, develop proposals and build partnerships necessary to improve regulatory policies and processes to advance CAO’s mission.
• Develop written deliverables in support of the functional responsibilities described above, including reports and presentations for internal and external audiences;
Special assignments as determined by the department head.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY